Who We Are
Jim Flauaus, EA (rhymes with “House”) is the founder and President of Anchor Accounting & Tax, Inc., a pro-active tax and business consulting firm
As an Enrolled Agent, Jim is authorized by the US Treasury to practice before the IRS in all 50 states and works with self-employed and small business taxpayers across the country.
He specializes in working with self employed taxpayers and small business owners, and Realtors in particular. Known as “The Real Estate Tax Coach”, Jim speaks at realty offices many times a year.
What We Do
We take a proactive approach so as to solve tax problems before they occur.
It doesn’t matter how good your CPA is with a stack of receipts on April 15th — if you didn’t know you could deduct your daughter’s braces as a business expense, for example, and haven’t implemented steps to establish an IRS Code Section 105 Plan in your business before Dec 31st — then April is too late to avoid overpaying the IRS.
We dive deep below the surface using the IRS rule book and US Tax Court-tested strategies
We pride ourselves in speaking in plain English so clients (a.) know how the tax system works and (b.) can make informed decisions when it comes to the tax-saving options in front of them.
Why We Do It
Two main reasons.
- We love figuring out creative ways to help clients reduce Uncle Sam’s tax bite. We’re tax geeks!
- We care about our clients!
Let’s face it. The IRS would love to have more of your hard-earned money in their account. And tax laws are complex and always changing.
While none of us begrudge paying our legal and fair share of taxes, many self employed taxpayers are running so hard taking care of business that they neither have the time nor the inclination to study or understand the tax code so they can fully take advantage of every legal deductions, strategy, and tax credits they’re entitled to.
We know taxes can be puzzling for you. So we take time to educate you along the way, making sure you understand the ins and outs of saving money on taxes.
How It Benefits You
- You avoid overpaying the IRS. Saving money is most important, right?
- You know what’s going on and you don’t have to worry. It’s always nice to be able to relax!
- You make some new friends. Pick up the phone and call at any time. We’re more than happy to answer every tax related question you may have, simple or complex. (Seriously, test us… we like it!)
When can we talk?
Have a question now? We have a FREE answer! Check our calendar and schedule a FREE 15 minute 1 on 1 conference call.
- How you can make the most of the new tax laws,
- How you can maximize your deductions, or
- How to deduct your child’s braces as a business expense
… no question is too simple or too complicated. We’ll even look over your 1040 so we can give you a personalized response.
While we anxiously await your appointment, we’d love to hear more about you. Please take a moment to email us with our 1040, your questions, and anything else you’d like us to know.
Talk with you soon,
The Anchor Accounting & Tax, Inc Team